Mission Weekend, PIN Ministry, Singles' Event, AND MORE!
• Japan Mission Weekend: Fri, Oct 23: 7-9pm Sat, Oct 24: 9am-7pm Sun, Oct 25: 11-3. Join us for an immersive missions experience as we enter the world of Chiba City using high definition video shot on location by Pastor Carlos and Will Rodriguez. Along the way, we will make virtual ‘prayer stops’ throughout Chiba City and Tokyo to pray that God would work with mighty power to bring the Gospel to Japan! Prayer stops include: A Buddhist temple in Tokyo, Chiba City University, Chiba Train Station, the Red Light District, A Japanese shopping center, A Samurai fortress, and more!
Events Include: Worship through music, Japanese cuisine, International video games for the youth, Sumo wrestling, and more! Cost: $25/person ($100 family max). Children under 10 free. Child care is available upon request but must sign up by Sept 30. Cost includes food, drink, tee shirt. Sign up now! Contact Vicky Manning: email@example.com
• NEW Sunday School (meets following the service at 11:00)
Adult and High School: Boy + Girl + God: Putting God in the middle of your relationship.
Arsenal Middle: On youth retreat this week
DiscipleShip Cove Youth (2nd-5th): “God’s Servants”: learning about some of the lesser known people in the Bible who did great things for God’s kingdom.
• “The Best Yes”-Ladies’ Bible Study: INVITE A FRIEND! Kick-Off Brunch: (Please bring a brunch item to share) Tues, Sept 15, 10-11:30 Study will continue each Tuesday in the fellowship hall. In this six-session video-based Bible study Lysa TerKeurst shares how to make better use of the two most powerful words, yes and no. Using Biblical teaching and practical insights this study will help you be more equipped to discern the best yes answers for your life
• A Case for Christ Movie Night: Fri, Sept 18 at 7pm. Join us as we kick-off our new study “A Reason for Faith”. After this event, we will begin meeting every Tuesday evening at the church at 7pm. Mark your calendars!
• Congregational Meeting Sunday, Sept 20th:. This meeting is where we will elect our elders as well as officially call the pastor. This is a very important point in the life of our church and Pastor Carlos would like every member to attend. If you will NOT be able to attend, please let Carlos know in advance.
• PIN (People In Need) Ministry: Date: Sat, Sept 26, 6:45-9:30am. Where: PIN 503 - 15th St. What: Cooking, serving, and cleaning for the homeless. 6-10 people are needed. RSVP: Vicky: firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the connect card in the bulletin and put in offering plate.
• The Upper Room - Redeemer Singles Gathering First Meeting Fri Oct 2 and every other Friday thereafter. 7-8:30pm at the Virginia Garden Organic Grocery 3640 Dam Neck Rd. Topic: The Pilgrim's Progress: A Guided Tour by Derek Thomas. Questions? Contact Shawn Myers: 757-652-4022 or email@example.com
• Ladies’ First Fridays: Fri, Oct 2 at 6:30pm. Location: Burton’s Grill (on the patio). Redeemer Ladies meet on the first Friday of each month for a time of social connection. This is a great opportunity to get to know one another better and to invite ladies who are new to Redeemer. If you plan to attend and haven’t RSVP’d, please send a message to Vicky: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• “2015 CCEF National Conference - October 16-18,”: This conference is for people who want to grow in how we ask for help and how we give help. Go to: www.ccef.org/events for more info. See Cal Frett if you have any questions or e-mail email@example.com
• Care Ministry: If anyone would like to prepare meals to freeze that can be used for needs in our church, contact Erin Strickland. She has a freezer in her garage just for this purpose. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Arsenal Youth: Rooftop Study for High School Students: Sunday nights beginning Sept 13—6-8:30pm
• Online Church Calendar: Check out our up to date church calendar to stay informed of Redeemer events. Located on our website: www.RedeemerVB.com
• Facebook: Like us on FB to increase our visibility! Facebook.com/redeemervb.
**Missed last week's sermon? Watch/Listen to it here!
Dinner Groups: If you are not part of one of Redeemer’s Dinner Groups and would like to participate, contact Vicky Manning: email@example.com. These groups meet approximately once per month and it’s a time of fun, food, and fellowship.
Redeemer Men: Next meeting is Sept 24 (meeting will take place at church fellowship hall). Series: A Man and His Trap. JOIN US! This study deals head-on with issues that all of us as men can relate to like sexual lust, the need for control, unfounded fear and the pursuit of significance. When: Every other Thursday at 6:30AM. 136 S. Lynnhaven Rd. Contact Scott Manning if you have questions. 757-575-9331 firstname.lastname@example.org
FLOW (Family Living Out the Word): Meets every Wednesday from 7 – 8 p.m. at the Sitterding Home (1218 Meadow Lake Rd.). This is a great time to gather together as a church family for fellowship around the Word and prayer. Join us for a potluck on the first Wednesday of the month at 6 p.m.!
The Arsenal: Redeemer's youth group for 6th - 12th graders. Meets following the Sunday Service. High School students will join the adult Sunday School Class. Youth group also schedules regular events. Please check the calendar for details. Questions? Contact David or Katie Clark email@example.com.
DiscipleShip Cove: Children’s Ministry. Ages post-nursery thru 1st and 2nd through 5th. Meets during the Sunday Service. The Sunday school class (for 2nd through 5th) following the service. The current topic is “God’s Servants—learning about some of the lesser known people in the Bible who did great things for God’s kingdom.
The Gathering: "When we work, we work. But when we PRAY, God works!" Morning Prayer Group – all are welcome. Come study the Bible, and give and receive prayer. Meets every Friday morning at 6:30 a.m. at the church office